- GMNet's Core Emperor Collection
- Antique Maps
- Arts, Paintings, Poetry...
- Cathedrals, Churches, Shrines, Temples...
- Ethnic Groups
- Historical Cities
- Musical Instruments
- National Libraries
- National Memories
- Old Civilizations and Culture
- Palaces - Ancient and Current
- Selected Museums
- UNESCO Memory of the World
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- World Digital Collections
- Image Wall
Thailand: Historic City of Ayutthaya
Historic City of Ayutthaya is an UNESCO World Heritage Site. The images included were taken mostly in December 2005 during Dr. Ching-chih Chen's visit to Ayutthaya.
"Founded c. 1350, Ayutthaya became the second Siamese capital after Sukhothai. It was destroyed by the Burmese in the 18th century. Its remains, characterized by the prang (reliquary towers) and gigantic monasteries, give an idea of its past splendour." -- UNESCO World Heritage Center site.
Similar to the use of Emperor Project's images, users can explore this image collection by clicking the following project label.