- GMNet's Core Emperor Collection
- Antique Maps
- Arts, Paintings, Poetry...
- Cathedrals, Churches, Shrines, Temples...
- Ethnic Groups
- Historical Cities
- Musical Instruments
- National Libraries
- National Memories
- Old Civilizations and Culture
- Palaces - Ancient and Current
- Selected Museums
- UNESCO Memory of the World
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- World Digital Collections
- Image Wall
S. Korea: Gyeongju Historical Areas
Gyeongju Historical Areas is an UNESCO World Heritage Site. The images included were taken mostly in August 2006 during Dr. Ching-chih Chen's visit to Gyeongju.
"The Gyeongju Historic Areas contain a remarkable concentration of outstanding examples of Korean Buddhist art, in the form of sculptures, reliefs, pagodas, and the remains of temples and palaces from the flowering, in particular between the 7th and 10th centuries, of this form of unique artistic expression." -- UNESCO World Heritage Center site.
Similar to the use of Emperor Project's images, users can explore this image collection by clicking the following project label.