- GMNet's Core Emperor Collection
- Antique Maps
- Arts, Paintings, Poetry...
- Cathedrals, Churches, Shrines, Temples...
- Ethnic Groups
- Historical Cities
- Musical Instruments
- National Libraries
- National Memories
- Old Civilizations and Culture
- Palaces - Ancient and Current
- Selected Museums
- UNESCO Memory of the World
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- World Digital Collections
- Image Wall
Germany: Cologne Cathedral
Cologne Cathedral is an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
"Begun in 1248, the construction of this Gothic masterpiece took place in several stages and was not completed until 1880. Over seven centuries, successive builders were inspired by the same faith and a spirit of absolute fidelity to the original plans. Apart from its exceptional intrinsic value and the artistic masterpieces it contains, Cologne Cathedral testifies to the enduring strength of European Christianity." -- UNESCO World Heritage Center site.
Similar to the use of Emperor Project's images, users can explore this image collection by clicking the following project label.